Lama Zopa Rinpoche says there is no better practice than purification. During this retreat you will learn how to purify negative karma with the powerful practice of Vajrasattva in the
Lama Zopa Rinpoche says there is no better practice than purification. During this retreat you will learn how to purify negative karma with the powerful practice of Vajrasattva in the context of the Four Opponent Powers. You will be led through a series of meditations and practices which encourage you to release anxiety over past regrettable actions and help you affirm your positive aspirations. These simple practices of prayer, meditation and mantra recitation are an extremely effective way of developing a more relaxed, peaceful and happier approach to life.
“The Vajrasattva practice can lead us beyond ego, beyond grasping, and beyond the dualistic mind. That’s what the Vajrasattva practice is about.” – Lama Yeshe
Dates & time: Friday 4th October 6pm to Monday 7th October 6pm. This is a non residential retreat. Schedule will be sent the week before the retreat commences.
Cost: Full retreat $190 / ($170 VI members) plus teacher offering. Includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch
Day attendees $80 per day plus teacher offering (includes lunch) – 8.30am to 6pm
Open to everyone. For catering purposes please book online.
At VI we aim to make Dharma teachings as accessible as possible, so if you wish to attend but are unable to afford the full cost of classes at this time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of Discipline
Since Vajrayana is a semi-monastic meditation centre and not a guesthouse, we ask all of our retreatants and visitors to observe the following rules of discipline in order to maintain an atmosphere conducive to inner reflection and meditation:
- Respect all life: do not intentionally kill any living being, even small insects.
- Respect others’ property: do not steal or take anything not freely given.
- Be honest and straightforward: do not lie or intentionally deceive others. This is easy when observing silence!
- Be celibate: no sexual activity. This also includes no holding hands, hugging, massages and other physical displays of affection.
- Be alert and mindful: avoid intoxicants such as alcohol, drugs and cigarettes (we encourage you to stop smoking while here, but if this is impossible, one can smoke at a designated place outside the centre boundary).
- Be considerate of others’ silence: respect others that choose to keep silence during the retreat, especially in the Gompa. No singing or playing music and in general, maintain a quiet demeanour while on the property.
- Be considerate of the monks and nuns: dress respectfully (please no shorts above the knee, tank-top shirts or tight and revealing clothing).
Basic Retreat Discipline
In order to keep the atmosphere conducive to inner reflection and spiritual pursuit and to minimise distractions during the course, students on our residential courses and retreats are asked to abide by our basic code of discipline listed below.
- Please settle all outside communication before the course begins. Telling friends and family that you will be out of contact for the duration of the course and sticking by that decision significantly reduces distraction from investigation into the workings of your own mind!
- Participants should attend all sessions of the course and come to sessions on time.
- Please leave all communication / entertainment devices (laptop / mobile phones /cameras / MP3/CD players) etc at home or switch off and leave in your bag.
- Please be gentle in your behaviour and sensitive to fellow group members.
Can’t make it yet would like to generate merit by supporting the retreatants?
Lama Zopa Rinpoche says that sponsoring retreats generates the same merit as if you had done the retreat yourself.
- If you would like to financially sponsor the cost of the retreat, please make a donation here.
- Sponsor one retreatant ($190)
- Sponsor food ($108)
- You can also volunteer during the retreat to help with food preparation and delivery , set up and clean up. Please reach out at email@example.com
Ven Jampa Dekyi
4 (Friday) 6:00 pm - 7 (Monday) 6:00 pm
9 Victoria Square, Ashfield, NSW 2131