Attending Classes In Person
Vajrayana Institute is slowly opening up for in-person classes! We are taking a number of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our centre and protect the safety of our teachers, volunteers and students.
If you are attending one of the face-to-face classes held at the centre it is important that you are familiar with our Covid-19 guidelines that have been established in accordance with NSW health and Safe Work Australia.
This page outlines our COVID Safe policy and we will keep this page updated with the latest information.
Changes To How We Operate
In accordance with government guidelines, we have implemented a number of measures:
Numbers for classes are limited so please arrive early if you wish to ensure your attendance.
- There are capacity limits in each room in order to ensure an average of no more than one person per four square metres. This is 20 people in the main gompa, 6 in the small gompa, 12 in the student lounge, and only 2 people at a time in the student kitchen
- We will be recording contact details for every person attending a class. This is so that if someone does test positive for coronavirus, we are able to pass along these details to NSW Health for contact tracing.
- There will be no communal singing or chanting and no loud recitation of mantras, refuges and precepts etc. There will also be no shared pūjā books or other course material.
- We have replaced the mugs and glasses at our tea counter with disposable cups. Alternatively, you can bring your own water bottle to fill up.
- We will also no longer be sharing food or drink
What You Can Do
In addition to the above requirements, we are asking anyone coming to our centre to:
- Register your attendance on arrival using our QR code sign-in
- Wash and sanitise your hands regularly. We will have hand sanitiser available near the entrance, reception, gompa and student lounge.
- Stay 1.5 metres apart from each other and do not have physical contact with others.
- Wear a face mask when inside the centre.
- Cough, sneeze into a tissue and dispose of tissue in bin. Or cough sneeze into your elbow.
- Do not use kitchen or kitchen items except hot water tap, tea and disposable cups
- Consider making donations online from your own device, or set up a regular standing donation so that our team do not have to handle cash and we do not have multiple people touching the card reader.
- Do not come to the centre if you any cold or flu symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who is unwell. Take advantage of our ongoing online teachings instead.
- Please follow all instructions from Vajrayana Institute staff and class facilitators
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. We look forward to welcoming you at Vajrayana Institute