As a non-profit organisation, VI relies on the ongoing support of volunteers for the centre to flourish.
Volunteering at Vajrayana Institute
Become part of the VI volunteer community and benefit countless others by helping to keep the centre flourishing!
What kinds of things do we need help with?
- Facilitating at the various events we have on our calendar – setting up our gompa and other rooms, ensuring the sound and recording system is up and running, meeting and greeting guests and making them feel comfortable, serving snacks, and tidying up when an event finishes.
- Acting as an aide to one of our visiting teachers.
- Looking after our centre both inside and outside the centre, including gardening, maintaining our stupa and fountains, applying a fresh lick of paint from time to time and helping with occasional repair work (such as our roofs and fences).
- Cooking meals for the resident Sangha at VI.
- Promoting our centre to the community, including with social media posts, letterbox drops and other marketing work.
- Being a friendly face at reception.
If you are interested in one of these roles, the best thing to do is send us an email or fill in the form below.
We will set up a meeting time for you to come in for a chat and a cuppa and we can work out the details from there
Volunteer at Conferences and Events
Volunteers play such a vital role in the success of all of our events. Without the help of our wonderfully dedicated volunteers, it would be almost impossible for these events to be so successful.
Volunteers fill a range of roles at the Happiness & Its Causes Conference including front-of-house, directional help, ushering, pack up and pack down, taking care of conference speakers and running errands.
To be an excellent volunteer, you will:
- have great communication skills for answering questions and giving conference attendees directions
- have a ‘team focused’ attitude
- have excellent problem-solving skills, reliability, and lots of energy
- be comfortable talking with all sorts of people
- have lots of enthusiasm and a willingness to help
- be friendly, happy and an excellent representative for the Happiness & Its Causes Conference
Volunteering at our conferences and other events is a great way to meet people, gain new skills, as well as have fun and be part of a terrific team.
Unfortunately we are not looking for volunteers at this time.